Pages

Friday 5 November 2021

Climate change - greenhouse effect

 What is the green house effect - A green house effect is the trapping of the sun's warmth in a planet's lower atmosphere, due to the greater transparency of the atmosphere to visible radiation from the sun than to infrared radiation emitted from the planet's surface.

Greenhouse Effect 101 | NRDC


Consequences of climate change -

  • Climate change by trapping in the heat
  • Extream weather
  • Sea level rising 
  • melting glaciers and warming oceans which can directly harm animals and destroy the places they live.

Possible solution - There are a lot of possible ways to fixing the greenhouse effects, such as using  renewables and other climate-friendly energy resources. (For some examples) include rooftop solar panels, solar water heating, small-scale wind generation, fuel cells powered by natural gas or renewable hydrogen, and geothermal energy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.